Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Junior Year 2011


  Let the emails from schoolloop start coming! School has officially started. The first day is always stressful & today was no exception! From getting there on time, to getting my finalized classes, to walking into all 4 of my classes not knowing who was going to be in my class or how the teacher was going to be like.

  I was most scared for first period because I knew absolutely NO ONE who was taking physics, like me.  Turns out I know a few people in my class, but it's going to be a very interesting year. With only 7 girls, and 25 guys, only God knows what will happen. But I have faith that it will be a good year & hope that I can learn a lot from my experiences in this class. My teacher, Mr. Cahill (Kay-Hill) is kinda cooky. Every 5th word he will say FoLks. And emphasize the 'L.' After counting 28 'Folks' I decided to stop counting and accept that I would just have to get used to his voice & vocabluary for the rest of the year. He is a very chilche science teacher & is very amusing so this should be interesting.

2nd period is English & last year my class was in the portable 2nd to last from the VERY END of the portables... Aka the farthest walk, ever, to a class. I thought this year that I wouldn't have to make that walk another 180+ times, but oh boy was I mistaken. I now am in P20. The absolute farthest portable.  Being stuck all the way out there with mostly the same people from last year reall bites but it helps to have a couple friends in the class and a really good teacher. Mrs. Brincks is super funny & knows how to relate to each student. She understands us and has her moments of being funny as oppsed to TRYING to be funny. As she was calling roll, she started to say 'BROOKE?! BROOKE HANNAH?! Ahahaha just kidding, it's MADELINE. MADELINE, ARE You HERE?!' I responded 'Yes I am here' which she said 'Hello. Oh Madeline, that's my cats name.' how do I respond to that?! Ahaha at that moment she reminded me of Tawnya pulling out the pliers. LOL.

3rd period was APUSH & it wasn't anything I had already expected. Hannah G is in this class tho! WOOWOO! There are a ton of great people in this class & even tho it will be a tough course, I know that I can do it.

4th period is math. Previously I had been told that if I got Marzolo to switch out. When I realized I had gotten him, I was planning on switching out until I walked into the class.  This could by far be my favorite class because of all the people. As I walked in I saw Sarah, Renee, Maya & Allison & that's when I knew I couldn't switch out. I had a ton of friends in this class, so why switch out? He may be a bad teacher, but with some tutoring & faith I can get through this class.

After a long day at school I was able to go play in my golf match, which we lost sadly. We played Dana who our whole team dislikes because they are rude stuck up snobs and they cheat, but I was lucky enough to get to play with two bery nice girls who changed my opinion on the team as a whole. We really do need more nice people on the Earth to brighten up peoples moods all the time! 

As this day has now come to a close I am counting my blessings & I know my heavenly father loves each & every one of us. I pray to him that this school year will go by smoothly & that we will all be safe & healthy. Love you all & thanks for reading!

XOXO, 
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment