Monday, September 5, 2011

What Faith Can DO

This summer was a crazy spiritual experience, and it wasn't all at EFY!

Th very first week of summer, I was able to participate in my ward's Girls Camp in Santa Barbara, CA. All of our YW are so amazing and I love each and every one of you! Thank you for helping my testimony grow! We were all able to participate in Surrey riding, Ropes Course (testing our faith, trust, and patience), and a super fun bike ride to Refugio Beach where I  was lucky enough the stub my toe so bad that by the time Sister Mary Paula Barnes was done fixin' me all up, it looked like we were riding away from a crime scene. Thank you Sis Barnes for helping me. <3 We were also able to enjoy an amazing 2 hours horseback riding with amazing ocean views.

On the thursday I retuned from Girls Camp my family had planned to leave on a red our for our family vacation of the year. This year the family (well my mom and I had a very strong say in where we chose) chose to go to New York City! A lot of drama with in the 5 hours of leaving girls camp to getting to the airport... THank you Sister Christensen, you saved that day!

New York was such an amazing experience. We stayed IN Times Square which was such a blast! Experiencing city life made me want to live there in a couple years.  We did all the possible sight seeing you could do in 6 days time. We saw nearly EVERYTHING! I LOVED IT! This was one of my all time favorite vacations.  My favorite part of the NYC trip was being able to go see the Manhattan Temple.  It was such a spiritual experience to go to temple grounds. Even though I didn't go into the temple (because I would have had to go in alone because Daniel wasn't ordained a deacon at the time) It was still a testimony strengthening experience.

After those two back to back trips, I was able to attend my schools golf camp until the end of july and just as the beginning of August rolled around so did EFY!!

EFY is the week I look  forward to all year. This Year I was able to attend the BYU PROVO EFY session with one of my closest friends, Paige! We traveled up to Utah a couple days early to stay with her family and then attended EFY.  This years EFY strengthened my testimony in so many different ways.  It was a life-changing week for me.  Even though I had a psycho and insane counselor, TAWNYA, I was still able to make this week one of the best weeks of my life.  It truly changed my life forever. It opened my eyes to so many new things and so many amazing people.  It taught me how to become more christ-like and how to create a loving Christ- Centered home.  I was able to see such an amazing example while staying with Paige's mom's family.  What a wonderful family she has. Thanks to the many people that have influenced my life at EFY and my stay with the Braby's, I now know who I want to become and what I want to do to make my family closer to Christ.  Throughout this whole experience I have grow so much spiritually and look forward to what the future holds.

So now as the summer is coming to a close,  I want to thank everyone who has made this summer amazing and let's get school started!

Love and Prayers,

XOXO
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment