Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas is Almost Here!!

Finally!! I am so excited for Christmas this year! I get to see ALL of my family and I love all of our traditions! I think that's what I am most excited for!

Here is an update on the last couple of days!

_Paige and I were SPONTANEOUS! (12/16):  On friday night we just decided to go to disneyland! It was SOO fun!! As we got there (around 8pm) EVERYONE WAS LEAVING!!! It couldn't have been any better!! The lines were pretty short for the most part, but we were more concerned with pictures! hahah We are VERY crazy when it comes to pictures because we have to have THE BEST when it comes time to scrapbook!! We got a photo-pass card from the first photographer and after that we didn't go as crazy as we thought we did, but we still had a lot of pictures.  When we went to view them, they were ADORABLE!!! But, with the name Disneyland, you expect extremely over priced EVERYTHING.  The photos were no exception!  SO Paige and I decided to keep the photo-pass and next time we go which is going to be ASAP, we are going to go PICTURE CRAZY!! I am so beyond excited to scrapbook all of these pictures! They are seriously the CUTEST pictures you have ever seen!!

_Saturday TRIP TO NEWPORT (12/17):   We had previously taken a trip to Newport Beach to go to Sprinkles and then hit the temple on the way home.  This time, our soul purpose was Roger's Gardens! Seriously the prettiest nursery in south orange county!! We got some really REALLY cute ornaments and I also got an ornament twirler!! You plug the end into one of the lights on the christmas tree and then you hook the ornament to the bottom of it and turn on the tree lights! WHALA!! The ornament starts SPINNING!!! One of the ornaments I got was a golf ball w/ tee! Seriously SO STINKING CUTE!! The golf ball is sparkly and it has a red tee that is also SPARKLY!!! I wish I had a picture to put up, but I have not uploaded the pictures to my computer yet.
      After Rogers Gardens, (the exit basically FORcED us into it...) we stopped by Sprinkles!! Oh my gosh those cupcakes are seriously the best cupcakes ever!!!!! This time I only got two and when I got home I gave one to Jeffrey, so I was only able to enjoy one, but hey! Spread the happiness right!?
      And what would a Newport trip be without a visit to the Temple?!?! Of course on the way home we stopped by the gorgeous Newport Beach Temple to get some UH-MAY-ZING pictures when it wasn't raining! (last time it was kinda pouring! haha) We walked the temple grounds and went to the fountains with the temple in the background.  We got some gorgeous photos, but it wouldn't have been a complete photoshoot without SOME kind of blooper!!!

**As I was going to stand on the fountains edge, I tripped and almost FELL IN THE FOUNTAIN!! Such a close call!!!! I was so happy to not have fallen in because it was chilly outside and I was NOT in the mood to drive home wet! hahaha.  Paige ended up getting a picture of it so we can always remember that moment.  Oh and a trip isn't complete without a bruise either! I got a nice big purple on right below my knee from it! haha #memories!**

       After the Temple, Paige had to leave to go home to pack/prepare for Utah. :( She  went home and I stayed in Newport and went to Fashion Island.  I had heard that there was a hair salon that only styles and I wanted to check it out.  When I arrived, it was just cloudy, but as I started to search for the place, it started to rain and I had to seek refuge in this very interesting store to say the least.... I think they thought they were a little tidbit of LA in Newport, because they had a wall sticker above the cash register that read "Say Goodbye to the 405, LA just got a little closer." They had some bizarre items in that store.  After the rain let up, I found the "DRYBAR!" I was so excited!! The idea of this place to me is so intriguing! They only style! No Cuts, Color or anything else! (*I think they might wash*) But this place is so cool to me!! I am definitely going back soon!!


_Sunday Funday! (12/18):  After church, nothing big happened except for the neighbor hood annual CHRISTMAS PARTY!! I thought oh, I'll get a gift card or something like that, but NO! I got possibly the COOLEST GIFT THIS YEAR!!! THe Horner's had me and my mom had told them that I am OBSESSED with scrapbooking so they got me a paper cutter! *ok I know you are reading this and thinking... oh how cool a paper cutter, and you may not be as obsessed with scrapbooking as I am, but just keep reading it gets cooler!* It is a guillotine cutter on one side and then connection to it is a slide blade they cuts perfectly! and the slide blade is INTERCHANGEABLE with other blades!! I can perforate, make wavy, ^v^v^ (the up-down arrow kinda thing) a scalloped one, a fancy one and then make an imprint! SERIOSULY I AM IN LOVE!!!!!! here is a picture of the box. It sums it up better than I could.

so far the best gift I have gotten this season! (I also haven't opened anything else!)
I am SO EXCITED TO PUT THIS TO GREAT USE!!!



THe adults had a white elephant gift exchange and i wrapped my families... here is a pic! I love the wrapping haha!

That's all the update I have for now!! I am going to get the pictures from Paige from everything we have done and I will post them, but more importantly SCRAPBOOK THEM!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

XOXO,
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment