Monday, October 29, 2012
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Senior Year, BAYBAYYYY!! Here are a few pictures from last night! These are the only good ones because my mom
a) is not by any means a photographer.
b) had the wrong lens
c) can't hold a camera still.
a)we are at a pumpkin patch
b) the sun was in our eyes the entire time... guess 4:15 wasn't the right time to take pictures...
c) there were people every where because they were there to get pumpkins, so there are strangers photobombing.
|the back of my head, so you can see my hair|
|Leanne, Me, Allison|
Megan L, Hannah G, Alissa D, Christina D, Me, Andi H
|Me and Daniella|
|Daniella L, Maria S, Me|
Me & My boys:
Ryan N, Me, Keegan W
|in the pumpkin! Leanne L, Hannah G, me|
Sunday, October 21, 2012
Saturday, October 20, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
this recipie sounds so good!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD!
PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 loaf of bread
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease & flour loaf pan. (I also lined mine with parchment paper.)
- In large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt TWICE.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla and sour cream until smooth.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust top with powdered sugar to garnish
Sunday, October 14, 2012
It was a pinterest sunday!
I found a recipie for amish chocolate chip cookies, and I wanted to try them because:
1. the picture made them look amazing.
2. there was vanilla pudding as an ingredient!
3. I was CRAVING chocolate chip cookies!
4. IT WAS NATIONAL DESSERT DAY!
the recipie can be found on pinterest on my cult of domesticity board.
THESE COOKIES ARE AMAZING. Sweeter than your typical cookie, but so good. I have a massive sweet tooth and mm these hit the spot. I made three without any chocolate chips for my mom and she loved them too! The only issue I had was when I baked them I didn't realize how close to the heat they were. The ones that were closest to heat got a little crispy, but still soft surprisinly! the other batch was PERFECT. 9 minutes in the oven was just right!
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Yields 36 cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) Butter, softened
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup White Sugar
1 small pkg Instant Vanilla Pudding mix
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 pkg ( 12 oz) Milk Chocolate Chips
DIRECTIONS: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat the butter, both sugars, pudding mix, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat until creamy and fluffy. Then slowly mix in flour and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
Drop by tablespoonfuls, onto an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for ONLY 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool about 10 minutes before eating.