Friday, September 26, 2014

IT CAME! IT IS HERE!!!!!!!!

trying to sneak a peak... haha
it is really here! :)


IT FINALLY CAME..

TWO WEEKS.
15 days.  
I have a mission call. 
That envelope contains the next *almost* two years of my life.
(minus the three months of fall semester)
One Problem: 
I am in Rexburg, Idaho..............




 and my call is in California.. at my house, with my parents.


The last two weeks have been an emotional roller coaster.. I have never cried so much in my entire life.  Coming to terms with being more emotional has been an experience all in itself.  It has been a battle of patience and anxiety.  I know that my call would come eventually, but I just wanted it.  I am working on patience. Bear with me.  I went through so many emotions.  I didn't know what to expect.  The wait was torture.  I almost excepted my call to not come for a couple weeks because Heavenly Father has a great sense of humor and a great way of teaching me lessons.  I am so grateful I only had to wait two weeks.  SO GRATEFUL.  Seriously guys.. I would have died if I had to wait any longer.  The first week wasn't as bad because I didn't know if my call had been assigned yet.  On Friday, September 19th, I decided to see if I could log onto my LDS mail account.  

I COULD. 

That meant that my call has been assigned. 
IT HAS BEEN ASSIGNED. 

HOLY COW. 

I AM GOING ON A MISSION.

OH MY GOSH. 

WHAT!!?!?!?!!

So I texted my amazing Bishop, Bishop Sheppard, for confirmation. 
Confirmed! 
It had officially been assigned and would be sent the next week.  



Week two of waiting.
COULD THE DAYS DRAG BY ANY SLOWER?!!!!?!? 
I don't think so... seriously, longest. week. of. my. life. 

Monday felt like Friday. 
Tuesday felt like Friday.
Wednesday felt like Friday.
Thursday felt like Friday.
FINALLY IT IS FRIDAY! 

I forgot to mention, today is Homecoming for Capo.  Mail comes at 4pm.  My wonderful mother was at Capo all day dealing with football shenanigans and therefore was not able to check the mail until 11pm.... ELEVEN.  The most anticipated day of the week and she can't check the mail until 11.  I thought I was going to die.  This was killing me.  Deep down, I knew.  I knew it was there.  I knew it was in California.  AH.  I just wanted confirmation before I booked that flight though.  


FINALLY, my parents got home after the football game and the text came.

"They came" 

I was driving home when I got the text from my mom and I had a mini heart attack.  I didn't believe my eyes so I called her.  When she answered I didn't even let her get a word in, I just asked "THEY'RE THERE? IN YOUR HANDS? MY PAPERS, MY CALL IS THERE" and she told me, "Yes, it is just a white envelope from Salt Lake right?" so nonchalant.. hahahaha 

I just stared to cry.
I was overwhelmed with so many emotions.  

At that moment it became so real.  I am going on a mission.  

I sobbed until I got to my complex and then ran to Dennis's apartment to tell him I had to go home to get my laptop and wallet to book a flight.  

{oh yeah, my amazing best friend, Dennis, it is his 24th birthday today.  He is stellar.}
Happy 24th Birthday Dennis!! :) 
(read more about how blessed I am to have him in my life and about his birthday, here)

As I ran back to my apartment to get everything I was overwhelmed with the feeling of gratitude to my Heavenly Father and peace and comfort.  I can't even describe how at peace I was.  The confirmation was so strong.  Stronger than ever that I was and am supposed to go on a mission.  I am doing the right thing and that I need to do this, for me, my family, and my future family. 
 I want to do this! 

Back at Dennis's apartment, I booked my flight.  It was set. I am going home this weekend. I am going home to open the envelope that holds the next 18 months of my life.  I am just a little excited to say the least.  

The rest of the night, as we watched a movie, I just sat in Dennis's arms and cried. I am still a little bit overwhelmed.  I am so excited, don't get me wrong, it is just a little bit scary.  I don't know where I am going, what language I am speaking, or when I am leaving.  The unknown is scary! I am so beyond grateful that Dennis was there to comfort me in my time of need.  I don't remember a single thing from the movie we watched, but I do remember the confirmation I kept receiving the entire night.  The spirit was so strong.  I am so meant to be going on this mission and I am supposed to be going to the area where I am called.  

IT IS SO REAL.  

I am going to be a sister missionary.
Sister Hannah.

Now the real test... driving to Salt Lake City, alone- let's see how long I last until I start crying, and then flying home.  The wait is ALMOST OVER. Almost.  I am so close.  SO CLOSE.  



Until I open that special envelope.
XOXO,
Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment