Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Let Me Tell You About My Homeboy, Dennis

I have this best friend and he is absolutely amazing.  



On September 26th he turned 24! 
(that was also the day I got my mission call!)

As I was able to reflect on our relationship and how far we have come in the last 10-ish months I realized how blessed I am to have him in my life! 

You guys. Seriously, I just love him.  There are so many reasons I am grateful for him too! 


Reasons I love and am grateful for Dennis: 
  • He is caring. 
    •  Dennis loves people and being social.  He is always looking for ways to serve people and I think that is one of the reasons he is so happy! 
  • He loves God! 
    • His testimony shines through in everything he does.  He loves the gospel and is an amazing example,
  • He is a worthy priesthood holder.  
    • I cannot even describe to you all how grateful I am for this about him.  There have been countless times when I have needed a blessing and he was there.  He is always willing and able to give me- or anyone, for that matter- a blessing at the drop of a hat. 
  • His patience... with me.
    • I am not always the most patient myself... He balances me and knows how to make me patient! Haha, its always a good time! 
  • His laugh
    • Dennis just has this incredibly contagious laugh. Well, he has a couple of laughs, but when he is truly laughing, it is hard to sit there and not laugh with him. 
  • His contagious smile
    • Do I even have to describe this one?
  • His endless love
  • His love of the temple
  • His loving relationship with his amazing family
    • They are awesome. Enough said.
  • His charisma 
    • here is the definition of Charisma, yep this pretty much explains Dennis:
      • compelling attractiveness or charm that can inspire devotion in others.
  • How easily he forgives
  • His low temper.. and how he doesn't yell
    • This is HUGE! Seriously, one of the best things about Dennis. He handles all situations with a calm attitude.  I have only ever seen him actually upset once- in the 10 months we have been at school together.  THAT is impressive.  
  • His sense of humor
    • This kid is hilarious and he knows it too. 
  • His goofy faces
    • There are many of these, on a daily basis... love it! 
  • His drive to do well in everything
  • His car dances
    • by far one of my favorite things :)
  • His tight hugs
  • His determination
  • His love of searching the scriptures deeply
  • How much he puts up with me... hahaha I am crazy!
    • but for real, He is the bomb. 

Dennis is all of this and more! I am so grateful for him in my life and couldn't imagine him not in it now.  It is crazy to think that just two days shy of a year ago we met on twitter... yes haha that did happen. I love you so much Dennis! :) Happiest of birthdays (even though I am on month late on posting this) and here is to the next greatest year of your life! 


XOXO,
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment