Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Last day! Last day! Last day!

Today, I have completed TWELVE WHOLE MONTHS of COLLEGE.  Yes.  To say I am excited is an understatement.  I started in January of this year and went all the way through to December!! It has been one insane ride, but I would not have had it any other way.  

Todays class was only Doctrine and Covenants.  Easy peasy lemon squeezey!! Brother Kyle Black is the absolute BOMB too.  Incredible professor.  Love his job, loves the scriptures and the Lord WAY more.  His efforts CLEARLY show through in ALL of his lessons.  There is never a day where I am bored in his class.  

I loved taking his class this semester too.  At first I was just going to audit it, but then I added it.  It was the biggest blessing.  I took it with Dennis and we were able to do our reading assignments together.  It was so cool being able to read the scriptures together and share our insights and thoughts with each other.  I highly recommend taking a religion class with a friend so you can do this too! 

ALSO: Proud Dennis moment: HE DIDN'T POKE ME ALL SEMESTER LONG.  
It was a MIRACLE. 
There were a few close calls, but he never ended up doing it. 


Some funny Doctrine and Covenants class quotes/moments:

Brother Black: "Who hasn't prayed in class yet, raise your hand!"
*Dennis raises hand, flails around, waves it, makes a scene.*
*Brother Black picks someone on the other side of the room. This was routine. 
Finally Dennis was picked!!

Dennis and I walking to Brother Black's office, telling him about arguing over Interstellar:
Brother Black "So when are you guys going to get married?"

Last day of class:
I was asking Dennis about going to do a session at the temple after class.
girl behind us: "Oh! Are you guys married?!"
Both of us: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"



Needless to say, this was my absolute favorite class and I am going to miss it!! 


XOXO,
Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment