Tuesday, September 27, 2016

LOUISville > LOUAVUL!

I cannot believe how the time has passed. Some days it feels like yesterday that I opened my call to serve in the GKLM. Others, it feels like an eternity ago. I still cannot believe it has been two years. Wow how time rolls on.

Over the past two years I have been put through a spiritual microwave (to say the least). There have been so many ups and downs, bumps and smooth patches, bliss and anguish. But through it all, I have come to know just WHO my Savior is to me. He is my older brother, my best friend, my confidant, my advocate, my Redeemer. I have come to somewhat understand and comprehend the Atonement and what it means to me personally. I have learned how to love unconditionally, see people through the Savior's eyes and become something greater. There are countless blessings. As I begin to think about this journey I am overwhelmed with emotion. My heart is so full. I am beyond grateful for my mission and the experiences it brought me.

Little did I know two years ago the blessings I would have today from opening up that letter from 47 E South Temple Salt Late City, UT. Little did I know the journey that I was getting myself into. Little did I know what my mission would do for me, for my life, for my future family and children. It truly changed the course of my life forever. My mission set the spirit tone of my life. I am forever grateful to my Father in Heaven for allowing me this opportunity.








... and two years after the call came, my life has been changed forever. I have been home for two months now. I have gone, served faithfully, come home, and returned honorably. Life continues to move forward. I am happily engaged to the love of my life, Dennis, and looking forward to being married on December 30, 2016!





XOXO,
Madeline

No comments:

Post a Comment